Full Body 3D Scanning Guidelines
- Wear your favorite clothes or costume! Bright colors and patterns look great in scans.
- Don't wear:
- Dangling jewelry such as loose earrings or bracelets.
- Mid-length dresses or skirts. Dresses or skirts should either be full length or high enough off the ground to capture your legs and feet.
- Reflective or sheer clothing.
- Scanner setup is ideal for scanning 1 or 2 people at a time. If more than two individuals are desired, please inquire.
- We will take 3 - 4 poses per appointment. After your scan, you can view all your poses and select one to print.
- After you leave, we digitally edit your model to make any necessary scan corrections.
- Additional edits beyond basic corrections are available for an extra cost.
- Your model can usually be picked up or delivered within 2 to 3 weeks.
Step 13D scanner captures multiple pictures of subject within two seconds
Step 2Photogrammetry software is used to align images
Step 3Point cloud is processed into 3D computer model
Step 4Texture is computed and wrapped around model
Step 5Artist digitally edits model
Step 6Model is 3D-printed, cleaned, strengthened, and sealed
5 inches tall: $130 each
6 inches tall: $160 each
7 inches tall: $200 each
8 inches tall: $250 each
9 inches tall: $310 each
5 inches tall: $205 each
6 inches tall: $255 each
7 inches tall: $320 each
8 inches tall: $400 each
9 inches tall: $500 each
Structured Light 3D Scanning
Envision 3D Scanning is pleased to introduce structured light 3D scanning to our list of services. Structured light 3D scanning projects a light pattern onto an object to measure the distance of every point on the object, allowing for more accurate modeling. The addition of this 3D scanning functionality greatly enhances our ability to provide reverse engineering services. After the object is scanned, we can provide customers with the 3D model file as well as provide 3D printing services to create the scanned object.
The "Hilt and Guard Scans" photo in our gallery below shows a rendering of the 3D model we created from a structured light 3D scan we performed for a client recently.
Here are just a few examples of models we have completed for customers and a peek at what our 3D scanning booth looks like.